The Build-A-Bear Foundation mission is to add a little more to life by providing opportunities for children of all ages to better their communities and share their heart with others. There are so many organizations working to support their communities and those in need - we wish we could support them all!
Please review the guidelines below carefully prior to submitting a grant application.
Applications will be accepted January 1 - March 31, 2016. We are unable to consider requests received after March 31 but invite you to re-apply during our grant request period the following year. Due to the large volume of requests we receive, please allow at least 12 weeks for us to review and respond to your request.Criteria for Grants
- Recipient organization must be a tax-exempt, non-profit organization as defined by IRS Code 501(c)(3) or a registered charity in the United Kingdom and Canada.
- Recipient organization must serve an area within 50 miles of a Build-A-Bear Workshop store.
- Funds must directly support programs that promote the values of H.E.A.R.T.
- H - Help communities through volunteering.
- E - Experience the power of teamwork.
- A - Accept people's unique differences.
- R - Respect people and animals.
- T - Take the lead to drive positive change.
- Organizations may apply every year until grant is issued. Once issued, organization must wait one calendar year to apply for additional funding.
While we are pleased there are so many organizations working to make a difference, we are focused on those that align with our mission. We are unable to support the following organizations or events that benefit:
- Individuals or families.
- Political or partisan programs, political or lobbying organizations, or those supporting the candidacy of a particular individual.
- Churches or religious organizations for religious purposes (unless benefitting children in the community at large).
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion or sexual orientation.
- Fraternal organizations (unless benefitting children in the community at large).
- Labor organizations.
- National ceremonies, memorials, conferences or similar events.
In order to fairly assess and process requests in a timely manner, please use our online application available here. Paper applications, letters email requests and phone calls will no longer be accepted.
Thank you in advance for your understanding of our grant guidelines and we wish your organization the best!